Saturday, July 30, 2005

My First Cruise

I went on the first cruise of my life on Sunday, which explains my mini-hiatus, in case some of you noticed. Ha~ It is a 4 day 3 night cruise on Starcruise Superstar Virgo to Penang and Phuket. No, i did not suddenly strike it rich. Are you joking me... i'm scrimping and saving like hell now for Takki's solo. The truth is, i got to go on this cruise free. hahahah~ Cos it is considered work. The bad thing is, i'm stuck with a group of Singaporean aunties.... -__-;;; Thankfully, i did not get seasick for the 4 days i was onboard. But man! Talk about ironies of life... i got carsick on my taxi journey home from the harbour. Nani yo??!?!? WHY THE HELL DO TAXI UNCLES DRIVE ON 4TH GEAR ALL THE WAY YO??? Image hosted by Photobucket.com So felt like puking. Actually i get carsick very easily now. The moment i get in, and i dunno, issit the petrol smell, or the car perfume, it just gives me a headache before the wheel gets a chance to do 10 revolutions. Image hosted by Photobucket.com Anyway, i heard from a lot of people, there's nothing to do on cruise liners except eating and gambling.... haaha~ it's true. And especially so when you are with the wrong crowd. Gaah~ The aunties i was stuck with, they just eat eat eat whole day long ("Free what!" they say.... mouuuuu~~~~ The epitome of a singaporean auntie... -_-) I did think of trying my hand out on the jackpot (which has gotten digital and very high tech nowadays) to earn some money for my Takki Solo Sakusen, but i gave up. Hahaha~ i didn't have the capital... Wanted to sing ktv, but no way am i doing that in the hall, and getting a private room for myself??? Chotto.... Basically the cruise fare is inclusive of all meals (6 a day to be specific... lol) and accomodation. Everything else is chargeable other than movies and some live shows. I watched Constantine and Resident Evil: Apocalypse, something i've always wanted to watch cos i missed it at the cinema. And yappari...

Milla Jovovich is my hero!!! SHE IS SO DAMN COOL!!!! I SO LOVE HER ATTITUDE! And she dun even hafta pretend. She just exudes this attitude that is soooo sexy!!! Not just in Resident Evil, but in her other movies too. Fifth Element and Joan of Arc... Gawd! Her icy cold stare, her perfect facial features, her AMAZING figure... she looks unhuman sometimes. But i just find myself staring at her jaws agape, thinking "This woman is so bloody cool!!!" Even her name is so cool. LOL~ Some people think the movie is crap, but it's still entertaining i tot. Just a film where you see tough chicks killing zombies. Oh whatever, i like. LMAO~~~ They kept showing Meet the Fockers too, but hmm, something in me doesn't want to see this movie, no matter how hilarous it's supposed to be. Just like how i don't dig Austin Powers. Constantine was visually awesome but can someone please tell me what the story is about?? Haahahhaha~ Wakaranai yo....

Watched their so-called multi-million production called "Sopresa!" too, which means "Surprise!" in Italian. Woah, it was pretty darn amazing. Especially the acrobats from Henan, China. (Which needless to say, reminds me of someone... haha) Then there was the little midget girl from Shenyang. MY GOODNESS! She is 26yrs old, but only 68cm tall and GET THIS. ONLY 5 KG!!!!!!! She's like a doll!!!!! The auntie i went with was like "Huh?? How can she be lighter than my 2 yr old baby???!" LMAO~~~

Oh, there was this tarot reading lady onboard the ship but each consultation cost $30. I was so tempted but i didn't in the end. And also cos i always miss her consultation time. But i was reading something about horoscopes in the ship's library. Says an Aries man is a natural born leader and a workaholic. Hahaha, can't help grinning. So true. There were some other stuff that i read that were pretty darn accurate too, but i forgot. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sharing some of the photos i snapped on this trip. And oh by the way, cruises are very good for couples. Many dark romantic nooks and corners to hanky-panky. LOL~ Damn, i was alone...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The view from my cabin window. Endless stretches of water.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The ship arriving at Penang, a little boring town imho.
We had to take a smaller boat to reach land because the port wasn't deep enough.
Bought tau sar piah (traditional Chinese pastries with sweet bean paste), as that is what everyone buys when they go Penang. LOL~
But OMG, the way the aunties rushed to buy the local products... -_-;;;
WHAT IS THE HURRY YO???? URGH!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Took a picture of my cruise liner from the Penang harbour.
A pretty darn big ship. About 250+m in length.
That's bigger than the Titanic, i think. Haa~
Where's my Jack?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There was a BBQ dinner for everyone on the second night.
Again, the aunties were rushing to pile on the food.
Mou~~~~ WHAT IS THE RUSH YO????!?! x_x
ANYWAY, i managed to find some beauty in life. LOL~
Snapped a couple of pics of the sky changing colours as the sun sets slowly... Kirei~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The sky in a mixture of pink and blue.
Oooh~ PINK and BLUE. Haaa~~~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Arriving in Phuket.
Forgot what is the name of this place, but it is supposedly the northern tip of Phuket Island, where people gather to see the sunset.
Very strong wind, very nice scenery.
But as usual, with the wrong crowd. -_-;;;

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Baby elephant show. Kawaii deshou??
I took this pic cos i tot it looked like Dumbo when it flapped it ears.
But after looking at Huay's review for Hoshi ni natta shounen, i think "Randy!" LMAO~~~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The infamous Patong Beach.
The waves were quite big. I wonder issit becos it is the monsoon season.
But damn, was it hot! I was soooo close to pulling out my brolly but i will prob be the only freak to walk along Patong with that!! -__- *smears on sunblock every 10 mins*
But seriously, i dunno what the hype about Phuket as a paradise island is all about.
The beach didn't WOW me that much. Maybe becos i've been an islander all my life.
But ok fine, it IS nicer than our East Coast beach. LOL~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This pic reminds me of the opening CG from FF8.
Anyway, this is the place where hundreds of lives were lost on 26 Dec 2004.
Phuket is pretty back to normal already.
Except for a few scattered buildings that were damaged and have yet to undergo renovation, you don't see the effects of the tsunami anymore.
Except that Phuket should be much more crowded than what i saw.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
One of the lady men from the Simon Cabaret Show.
They are all soooo pretty!!!! *GIRLS, STAB YOURSELVES!*
You seriously wun know if they don't speak.
They have such puuurfect complexion and figure, put me to shame.
And so fair!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
More lady men. The one on the right is very sweet-looking!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Back on the ship.
My dim sum buffet breakfast on my last day.
Kekkou oishikatta yo~

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Snapped this when i was hanging around the outdoor deck by myself.
I liked the way how the sun showers rays of lights on the clouds.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ran up to the top deck as the ship approached the Singapore Harbour.
Tadaima!!!
That is Harbourfront to the left and Sentosa to the right.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The setting sun behind the ship.
やっぱり、旅が終わっちゃった。

I put on the weight that i lost when i was sick last week. -__- Seems like my sickness was planned in advance so as to offset this weight loss... Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Comments:
Your cruise looks not THAT bad. At least it wasn't as boring as it was supposed to be? ^^;;; And OMG... SIX meals in ONE day?! It's no wonder how u put on the weight that you lost man. Gyah...tat's the thing about cruises...just eat n eat all day. ~_~ And with nothing much to do on board, definitely put on weight yo! When I saw the pic of the elephant, my immediate thot was Randy! *LMAO* Hmm... the skies are pretty yo. Will consider a cruise next time when i have ENOUGH $. (which is duno when) *LOL*
 
Hmm I have differing opinions about cruises...some can be very interesting...if I could choose, maybe I could go to Alaska to see the big icebergs. But I agree, mostly boring?? I've never been on one yet. Catalina Island near L.A. doesn't count, although that adventure was really nice.

And yes, it's fine to add my link. Several people did that I never expected ;-). It's just that my link layout is so out of date that I must fix it one of these years XD.
 
Yeah, they don't like like men at all >_< They are prettier than me :_
 
Woah, cruises to Alaska? Sound so exotic.. ahaha...

And yeah Alexiel, stab urself. Those ladies men are SOOO DARN PRETTY I TELL YA!! They are really born in the wrong body. I admire their courage seriously. And i do wanna consult them how they keep themselves so bloody fair in that Thai weather!!! >_<
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?